OnePeak Medical is now offering COVID-19 Antibody testing
If you believe you were previously infected with COVID-19 and are no longer displaying symptoms, you could be eligible for an antibody test.
Here is what you need to know:
Step 1 –
Set up a telemedicine consultation with a OnePeak medical provider to authorize testing
Step 2 –
Lab draw in office for antibody testing
COVID screening and testing is covered by most insurances. If you do not have insurance, the cash price is $250 for the telemedicine consultation and testing.
Testing can be authorized by our Medical Provider when:
- You had symptoms and want to know if it was COVID-19
- You are asymptomatic, but may have potentially been exposed (close or proximate contact with a person known to be positive with COVID-19)
- Individuals subject to precautionary or mandatory quarantine
- Individuals employed as a healthcare worker, first responder, or essential worker who directly interacts with the public
- Individuals present with a case where facts and circumstances warrant testing as determined by clinician or health officials
Who should NOT take this test:
- Anyone who is actively having symptoms. Seek medical attention right away if you are experiencing severe symptoms
- If you had symptoms, please wait at least 7-10 days to take the test counting from the START of your symptoms. Sensitivity is higher 15-20 days onwards. Antibodies take time to develop – taking the test too early may not give accurate results.
Click Here for more information over antibody testing.