Natural Ways to Boost Your Immune System
As a whole, your immune system does a remarkable job of defending you against disease-causing microorganisms. But at times like this, with the onset of more virulent organisms and viruses such as COVID-19, it calls for additional support measures to help protect ourselves and give us a fighting chance against this virus.
While our government and health care facilities are primarily focused on screening, testing, diagnosing, and treating, we individually should be immediately focused on what we can do right now to boost our own immunity against this virus. This has already proven to be effective in our country and in other countries.
Research is very clear that the supplementation of higher dosages of Vitamin C and antioxidants not only protects the human body from infections but is considered antiviral and protective against respiratory illnesses.
The revolutionary energy and immune-boosting, BrandX supplement “Pick Up Stix” has 500mg of Quercetin, a potent antioxidant, and antiviral that has been shown to effectively boost the immune system and fight against respiratory illnesses and diseases. Antioxidants fight free radicals that suppress the immune system and make us more vulnerable to viral and bacterial contamination and ultimately sickness. BrandX also recommends higher dosages of Vitamin C, taken in divided dosages with food daily. Up to a maximum of 8,000mg. This can be taken in capsule form, powder form, injections, and IVs.
Your first line defense is to always choose a healthy lifestyle. Following general good-health guidelines is the best step you can take toward keeping your immune system strong and healthy. Every part of your body, including your immune system, functions better when protected from environmental assaults and bolstered by healthy living strategies. Please consider these additional measures and be proactive about your health:
- Daily modest exercise outdoors improves the immune system immediately and for hours following.
- Drinking fluids, such as water, Pick Up Stix, and other never ages like coconut water and natural vitamin waters throughout the day constantly swallow any germs that could have come in contact with your mouth and move them to the stomach where the acid will destroy it.
- Sleep at least 8-10 hours nightly which is vital for recovery and rejuvenation of the entire immune system.
- Eat a diet high in colorful vegetables, fruits, and lean proteins with very little to no sugar or processed carbohydrates.
- Don’t smoke – very bad considering this virus is lung-based.
- Slow down all alcohol consumption to keep your T-cell (immune cell) count elevated.
- Wash your hands multiple times per day if you are toughing community surfaces and wipe down surfaces regularly with anti-bacterial wipes.
- Daily focused breathing, slowing the brain down, and clearing your thoughts 10 minutes daily can alleviate stress levels.
- Reduce your stress, be proactive, do not be filled with fear, and anxiety in these times. It does nothing but harm to your system and has been shown to radically affect the immune system. Do what you can every day to protect yourself.
Take good care of yourself every day!
Originally published April 2020 in North Gilham Living.